PLANNING A WEDDING IN HAWAII
Why plan for a Hawaiian destination wedding? The reasons are so many like year-round gorgeous weather, world-class beaches and verdant forest flanked by towering mountains on one side and multiple-colored beaches on the other.
Nearly 20,000 weddings take place in Hawaii each year. Hawaii allows couples to plan their wedding in a variety of ways and choose from an intimate family-only affair or casual beach wedding to a lavish affair with venues that can accommodate hundreds of guests. You get the signature charm of Hawaiian hospitality with the ease of a familiar American setting at these venues. There is a bevy of talented wedding pros available here too.
The idea of an Outdoor sunset ceremony is truly unique. Expansive outdoor venues with a breathtaking view of the ocean and mountain enable taking perfect out of the world photos as the sky turns from violet to rose-gold to ink in the background.
Hawaii’s weather is also conducive for both summers and winter wedding providing a relaxed, joyous and lighthearted atmosphere for guests.
Hawaii promises a lifelong memorable wedding with unforgettable visions of the sunset vows and the memorable first kiss at the end of the wedding amidst the fragrance of the orchards flowing in the cool breeze.
HAWAII WEDDING VENUES
The obvious question is what are the most suitable venues in Hawaii for organizing a wedding. Most of these islands are a gem, and it’s difficult to pick one. But we can help you take a pick by giving an outline of these islands and what they have in store.
Oahu is the liveliest of the six best islands in Hawaii. There are several convenient factors that make Oahu a good choice. The island has the biggest airport with direct flights readily available from the mainland. Waikiki Beach is the biggest entertainment district blended by the retro-Hawaiian culture of the Diamond Head. There are many luxury collection resorts here that are an architectural dream that organize a range of activities for their wedding guests to make the moment special.
WEDDING VENUES IN OAHU
- The Rоуаl HawaiianAn ultimate dream wedding venue with a magnificent аrсhіtесturе showcasing vintage looks and stunning pink walls. Thе Royal Hаwаііаn has lured couples from around the globe for its timeless beauty and a fairytale romantic wedding.
- Kualoa RаnсhSpread in 4,000-асrе, this rаnсh that has been on the island since 1850 offering a sweeping scene of the mountains, ocean, greenery all over. Kualoa Rаnсh has everything from beaches, gаrdеnѕ, and сulturаl ѕіtеѕ to multiple wedding areas including the option for a secret island ceremony. Don’t forget to check out the popular attractions afterward including the place where Jurassic Park was filmed.
- Kathy Ireland BeachfrontFor couples looking for something celebrity worthy, this private beachfront makes for a perfect retreat with 3 bedroom property and a beautiful indoor Jacuzzi and swimming pool. It’s an epitome of modern Hawaiian luxury living that used to be the personal retreats for John Travolta and Kelly Preston.
- Turtlе Bay ResortAway from the bustle of Waikiki, this resort offers a more relaxed vacation like рrіvаtе ceremony. The nеwlу renovated hotel is famous for being featured in “Forgetting Sarah Marshall”. It is located at the top of the island and has a bеаutіful glаѕѕ door раvіlіоn and a gorgeous ballroom.
- Loulu Palms EstateThe vintage old Hawaii home situated in Haleiwa. This estate is an absolute gem featuring ready location for a ceremony by the beach and reception at the green area. It has a secluded beachfront tucked between turquoise blue water and tropical mountain that includes an adorable swing for photos.
- Bayer EstateThis historic Hawaiian home and French farmhouse was built in 1936 offers the best of both worlds including expansive sea view and garden setting.
Maui is the most romantic Hawaiian island with some of the most luxurious resorts found here. There are several beaches here that are considered to be the best in the world. There are lots of activities lined up for visitors on the west coast. The Hana Highway road trip is simply breathtaking for its jaw-dropping lush green scenery marked by hugs cliffs and beaches. Embark on a romantic adventure trip of the Hana Highway trip which has over 600 twisty bends for an extremely thrilling and romantic ride.
WEDDING VENUES IN MAUI
- Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, MauiThis Hawaiian paradise is tucked along the Wailea coastline sits ideally on the water’s edge. Most of the rooms in this resort have rooms with an ocean view. The property provides stunning views of the Pacific and has a championship-level golf course, lots of family-friendly spaces, a tranquil spa.
- Travaasa Hana, MauiPerfect for those looking for a classic beach wedding, Travaasa’s venue provides a stunning oceanfront view with ample indoor and outdoor space. Various pavilions and dining rooms allow abundant natural lighting inside. The property features family suites and oceanfront bungalows, 2 pools, a full-service spa, a yoga studio, and a restaurant.
- Ka’anapali Beach HotelKaanapali Beach Hotel has secluded garden spaces. It offers all sorts of Maui wedding packages and can arrange ceremonies with special services like hula dancers, lei greeters, musicians.
THE BIG ISLAND
Of course, the largest island in the chain, the Big Island is beautiful. The island is blessed with diverse topography and in fact, 11 of the world’s 13 climatic zones can be found on the island including snow on top of the mountain. There are a lot of traditional romantic things to do like dinners and sunsets, hiking to a waterfall, seeing wild horses, and wandering on the secluded beach and some unconventional things as well like snorkeling and scuba diving. The big island has sweeping vistas of verdant cliffs with shimmering waterfalls cascading with a contrasting black sandy beach covering the shores. There is even a live volcano at the Volcanoes National Park called Kilauea. Beaches like Hapuna Beach has facilities like camping site, picnic tables, pavilion, showers, and a snack bar.
WEDDING VENUES IN THE BIG ISLAND
- Royal Kona ResortThe resort has eight venues. The hidden lagoon at the venue overlooks pristine turquoise waters and is surrounded by lush trees and lava rocks.
- Anna Ranch Heritage CenterThe 110-acre ranch, which dates back to 1848 has space for 300 guests with indoor banquet hall, green lawns, and an orange tree grove.
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou BayUltimate for VIP weddings, this place has every convenience including upscale accommodations, spa services that can host up to 1000 guests. It has 10 unique event spaces, including indoor and outdoor options with incredible waterfront views.
Also known as “The Garden Isle” as the name suggest is well-known for its lush, tropical backdrop you may probably have gawked at in a movie. Life moves at a slow pace here but there are ample activities for the outdoorsy and energetic. Mt. Waialeale is the wettest spot on earth whereas the rest of the island and perpetually sunny.
WEDDING VENUES IN KAUAI
- Grand Hyatt Kaua‘i Resort and SpaSophisticated décor and ample seating with beach, hotel wedding packages but certainly pricier.
- Waimea Plantation CottagesA low key hotel venue is situated in the quaint west side.
- Waioli Huiia Church, HanaleiTake the historic route and tie the know at the historic Kaua‘i chapel like the dainty Wai‘oli Hui‘ia Church in Hanalei.
If it is good enough for Bill Gates’ wedding, it might be a good option for your wedding too. Lanai is a small, and exclusive. The island is named as “The Pineapple Island” for its Dole Pineapple plantation. Lanai is the best choice for couples who want to spend some intimate moments and just lounge in luxe surroundings.
WEDDING VENUES IN LANAI
- Four seasons resort Lani
- Honua Kai resort & spa
- Kaanapali beach hotel
Also known as the “Friendly Island,” this island carries an authentic Hawaiian spirit and is somewhat untouched by big hotels and other commercial things. There are ample sights that make you feel the time is running slow like the horse-drawn wagons, people traveling on mules, on foot, or in cars.
Molokai is the best option for couples who are in a mood mellow to enjoy a relaxed time at the beach, explore some offbeat tours, and take part in many cultural fests.